Webseite TU Wien
A Postdoc position is available at the Algorithms and Complexity Group at the Faculty of Computer Science of the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Vienna, Austria. The position is part of the prestigious START project “Parameterized Analysis in Artificial Intelligence” of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF), with the aim of building a bridge between parameterized complexity theory and artificial intelligence. The position will be supervised by Robert Ganian (the principal investigator of the project).
- A record of research in sample complexity or machine learning, for instance demonstrated by a publication at ICML, NeurIPS, COLT or a suitable journal.
- A PhD in Computer Science or Mathematics, or the expectation to receive one within the next 12 months
- High motivation to succeed in academia
- Very good English writing skills
- The starting date is flexible and the position is offered for 2 years, with the possibility of extension.
- No teaching obligations (but teaching opportunities may be arranged upon request).
- The salary will follow the FWF’s salary tables starting at 55000 EUR gross/year for 40 hours/week (36000 EUR net/year)
- A department that offers top research expertise, and a stimulating and supportive environment.
- TU Wien is a great place for professional growth (e.g., the Austrian Science Fund offers multiple funding opportunities for young researchers to advance their independent scientific careers).
- Vienna is a beautiful city that offers excellent quality of life
September 30, 2020
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
- Short motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation or the names and email addresses of two referees
Informal enquiries and questions about the position are very welcome and should also be sent to email@example.com.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org